Friday, May 9, 2014

Examining Gener, Race and Body Image in a Virtual World






I started exploring Secondlife's virtual worlds with a  white blond haired male in a suite and tie to give the image of a business man. I explored two worlds with this avatar in Penn State Isle and also London City. I received similar interactions with other users in both worlds. Some were new to the application and were asking for help. Others were asking additional information about me. I made sure to keep my answers to a minimum dealing with personal information…



I chose to be a robot and explore Bay city. No one was interested in talking to me and I flew around and exploited the world. More people seem interested when I was an actaul human.




Lastly, I went into London city as a lion. The same scenario was going on as before with the robot. I was getting ignored. Some may think I am a younger user due to my character.











No comments:

Post a Comment